Fees & Insurance
All currently enrolled Georgia Southern University students who have paid the Health Fee are eligible to access services at both Health Services locations (Statesboro and Armstrong).
What is the Health Fee?
The Health Fee provides the opportunity to receive quality, multi-disciplinary healthcare, wellness, and health maintenance at Georgia Southern’s Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. This fee is included in tuition for the following students:
- Students enrolled in four or more credit hours with at least one credit hour designated face-to-face
- Students living in on-campus housing
All other students will be assessed the Health Fee prior to their first appointment. For a comprehensive costs and affordability analysis, please visit .
Please click below for additional information on Health Services Fees and Insurance.
The following services are covered by the student health fee:
|Nursing visits||Pharmacist consultations|
|Psychiatric visits||Medical supplies|
|Minor surgical procedures||Radiologist interpretations|
|Blood pressure screening||Electrocardiograms|
|IV therapy||Hearing and vision screenings|
Examples of services not covered by the health fee, but could be filed to your insurance:
|Laboratory services||Eye Exams|
Health Services is pleased to offer physicals on-campus for $25. We do not file insurance plans for physicals, but we can provide you with a statement if you would like to file this service to your insurance plan. Types of physicals offered include:
- Sports physicals
- Nursing school physicals
- Employment physicals
- ROTC physicals
- Academic/school physicals
- Camp physicals
- Law enforcement training physicals
- Scuba physicals
- Heath care professional internship/externship/shadowing/clinical physicals
- Athletic Training Education Program physicals
- Any other physical/entrance examination not listed above that is a requirement for participating in a specific activity, program, or job
NOTICE: The Health Services’ Armstrong Clinic accepts the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) exclusively at this time. Patients with other insurance plans may submit their claims directly to their insurance company.
Health Services (Statesboro) is in-network with most major insurance plans as listed below. If you are uninsured or you do not want us to file your insurance plan, you will be responsible for paying the self-pay rates.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia
- TriCare Prime (PCM: Dr. Angela Gerguis)
- Amerigroup Real Solutions in Healthcare
- PeachState Health Plan
- United Healthcare
If we are not in-network, you will be responsible for any charges at our self-pay rates. Healthcare facilities are unable to file a health insurance claim to out-of-network insurance companies on behalf of patients. In this instance, you may file the claim yourself by submitting your Health Services’ billing statement to your insurance company to request reimbursement.
We are NOT in-network with CareSource, Christian Healthcare Ministries, KAISER, Medicare RR, PEACHSTATE AMBETTER, or any Out of State Medicaid Plan.
- If your insurance plan requires you to select a Primary Care Provider, you will need to select one of our providers to ensure reimbursement. We will collect all deductibles, copays, and coinsurance per the plan benefits. The balance owed will be placed on the student’s WINGS account.
- Insurance card or hard copy of your insurance card (front and back) must be presented at each visit. If no insurance information is provided, the student will be responsible to pay the self pay rate for all services resulting from that visit.
Insurance Card Submission
Payment for Services
- Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Eaglexpress or credit card (American Express, Master Card, VISA, Discover).
- Non-payment on an account will result in a hold being placed on the student’s WINGS account and will prohibit registration, readmission and obtaining transcripts. The hold will be removed when the account is paid in full.
- Laboratory Testing that cannot be provided in-house is provided by an outside lab who will bill each student’s insurance plan. The outside lab will bill the student for any unpaid balance based on the plan benefits. If the student is uninsured, Health Services will charge the self-pay rate for the services provided by the outside lab.
- Some students may have medical conditions that require a referral to other health care providers or specialists for consultation or treatment. All expenses related to the medical services of referred providers are the responsibility of the student.
- For additional questions concerning our fee schedule, please email us at email@example.com.
For a comprehensive costs and affordability analysis, please visit
Last updated: 11/16/2023