by Ansley Thompson, Staff Student Writer
It is now the second week of classes, and our campuses are buzzing with students. These are busy times for all Auxiliary locations on campus, and we hope you enjoy the great products and services Every Eagle expects from our departments. qh88 has been working hard these past few months to prepare for this semester so you may note a few changes on your campus.
- If you have been in the University Store on the Statesboro Campus recently, you’ve probably noticed the addition of the Tech Corner to the store. It was previously located across the street from the University Store. The Tech Corner has been the primary source for students’ computer and electronic needs for years and will continue to do so within the University Store.
- Another project that is currently underway on the Statesboro Campus is the demolition of the University Villas residence hall. This area will soon be converted to a parking lot. This lot will be a huge help with the high demand for parking on the Statesboro campus.
- Have you wondered where the robots have been on the Statesboro Campus? Starship Deliver will not longer operate on campus. A great alternative to the Starship is GATA-GO by Transact Mobile Ordering. The GATA-GO app enables you to order your food in advance, allowing you to avoid long lines and waiting!
- Health Services on the Statesboro Campus is now accepting walk-ins. Feeling sick? Now, you can be seen by our health professionals without an appointment.
- On the Armstrong Campus, the GUS Mart is now located inside of the University Store. Enjoy the convenience of these two locations now being centrally located!
- Memorial Health has ended their contract with Georgia Southern. Health Services on the Armstrong Campus will now be a part of Georgia Southern. That means you will soon have the ability to use your insurance. Please give them a call to set up an appointment at 912-478-5641.
- Eagle Dining is constantly adjusting and improving dining locations on both the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. Make sure you go check out the various dining locations to see what’s on the menu. You don’t want to miss this!
- New AMP parking lots and areas have been designated on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses. The Statesboro Campus has many options for AMP parking, these include the Technology Building, Lot 21 (30min only), Lot 42, Lot 41, ERB, Lot 13, Sweetheart Circle, and Russell Union. The Armstrong Campus has the following areas designated for AMP parking: Student Success, Science Drive, Burnett Blvd, Armstrong Center, Arts Drive, and Rec Center.
- The Day1Access program (also referred to as D1A) is a digital textbook model in collaboration with top publishers to reduce the cost of required course materials. The University Store has ensured that all Day1Access materials will have the lowest cost to the student possible – even lower than buying the material directly from the publisher. So far, the University Store has saved students $1,330,991.86!
Georgia Southern University is so excited about the additions and improvements that have been made to qh88. Our students are our number one priority so we keep their needs in mind when coming up with new projects such as these. In qh88, we strive to create an environment that is both convenient and helpful for students. Make sure to take advantage of these new improvements on your campus!
Join the qh88 team and learn valuable work skills before graduating. Speak with representatives from a variety of qh88 locations such as University Store, Tech Corner, Eagle Dining, Printing & Postal and more. Jobs are available for the summer and fall of 2021, so stop by the qh88 Student Job Fair on April 22 from 2-4 p.m. in the Williams Center MPR.
You can view a full list of student positions available as well apply now by clicking here.
Making purchases with credit/debit cards has become the most widely used form of payment. During these unprecedented times, qh88 departments are implementing new guidelines and standards to support social/physical distancing and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
qh88 locations are encouraging patrons to use cashless methods of payment when making purchases throughout all of Georgia Southern University. Credit/debit cards, mobile payment methods (such as Apple Pay or Google Pay), and EagleXpress are just a few examples of payment methods to use at restaurants, stores and more.
Help qh88 and Georgia Southern #DoRight and stay safe this semester. “Go Cashless” when you purchase books, buy lunch or pick up your prescriptions from the health center pharmacy.
The entire Dining Commons building will close on Friday, December 13 at 5 p.m. and will remain closed through Tuesday, December 31 due to the installation of emergency generators. Dining Commons is located on the Statesboro Campus of Georgia Southern University. During this time, the departments housed in the building will also experience closures and/or delayed response times, so please plan accordingly.
ATMs will be unavailable for the duration of the closure as there will be no power, nor access, to any the building.
Dining Commons residential dining area will close on Friday, December 13 at 2 p.m. and reopen on January 10 at 7 a.m. Access to other dining locations during this period is still being determined.
Eagle Card Services will relocate its operations to the Tech Corner training room, across the street in Centennial Place. If you have a question, you may still contact them at 912-478-5311.
Printing and Postal Services will be closed, and all printing services on the Statesboro Campus will be suspended. Postal staff will provide route service and accept outgoing UPS and first-class mail from departments only via a satellite location in Centennial Place. There will be no outside mail service for students and no access to PO Boxes. Please make every effort to submit any upcoming print projects as early as possible, and make arrangements as necessary for postal services. Printing and Postal Services will resume its normal operations at 8 a.m. on January 2.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we update our facility to better meet the needs of our University community. On behalf of all of our staff, we wish you a happy holiday break. For more information and updates, please continue to follow us on social media (@GSUAuxServ) and visit our website at .
qh88 is one of the largest employers on Georgia Southern University’s campus. Our goal is to offer unique employment opportunities and assist students in developing personal and professional skills.
Individuals looking for an on-campus job may stop by the qh88 Hiring Fair on Thursday, October 17 from 2 – 4 p.m. in the Russell Union Ballroom. Join our team and learn valuable work skills before graduating!
Representatives from qh88 Distribution Center, Dining Commons, Lakeside Dining Commons, Blue Tie Catering, Tech Corner, University Housing: Residence Education, Parking and Transportation, Chick-fil-A and more will be there to speak with eager students interested in student employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Dress is business casual. Don’t forget to bring copies of your current resume, references and/or portfolio for review.